Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Napolean Dynamite




















"Just follow your heart. That's what I do."
-Napolean Dynamite


The film Napolean Dynamite was a comical film about a boy in the suburbs of the United States who does not fit in with his classmates until Pedro arrives. The two become instantly good friends and develop a strong connection and Napolean encourages Pedro to run for president. Throughout the film, we see the characters develop and build a strong bond amongst one another.

I thought that the film was extremely funny, because the sense of humor represented in the film was similar to my sense of humor.

There was a major difference in the lifestyle of Napolean's and that of the Twin Cities. We live in a city with stores, and the famous Mississippi River. Napolean lives in a small remote town where everyone dresses the same and their is not a variety of culture or activites. While I could not make a strong connection with the main character, I enjoyed the humor of the film and I appreciated Napoleans efforts to befriend the "new kid" in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment